Thursday, June 9, 2016

Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in Utah 801-676-7308 Avoid Legal Mistakes – You Need a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Attorney


Avoid Legal Mistakes – You Need a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Attorney 

Does life suck right now?

Are you in debt?

Do you have a business in debt?

Are you looking for some legal help?

Do you think you can do it without a lawyer?

If so, you probably want to talk to me.

Look, I’m a straight shooter and I’m not going to feed you a line of bull.  You need a lawyer if you are going to file for bankruptcy.  This is federal court.  This isn’t small claims or justice court where you get a small fine and you’re on your way.  You could get in very serious trouble if you do something wrong.

This is why you should call me and get some help.

I offer free initial consultations, so there is no excuse.  If you come in and meet with me, or when we have a nice conversation over the phone, you don’t need to worry because you can always decide to go it alone or not do anything at all.

At lease you could find out how I can help you.

Watch this video:



Anyway, you need to understand a few things about chapter 11 bankruptcy.  It is usually for businesses who want to reorganize.  Individuals can file for chapter 11 as well, but usually it is a chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy that is filed by people.  The only times I’ve seen a person file for ch 11 was when they did not qualify under chapter 13 and they really had an asset that they wanted to keep or maintain that they would lose in a chapter 7 case.

Do you qualify?

Well, the first thing to consider in a chapter 11 is the huge filing fee with the court.  The filing fee right now is $1,038.00.  Our office usually gets $10,000 to $20,000 up front to put into our office trust account for a chapter 11 case.  In other words – they are very expensive.

If you qualify for a chapter 13 or a chapter 7, it’s best to go that route first (if you can).

Best thing to do is call me to discuss things.

There is more – you need to list all of your debts and all of your assets.  If you are a person, and you own a company—you need to list that information on your bankruptcy schedules.  If you don’t you are causing problems for yourself and others.  Big problems – we’re talking go to federal prison problems.  Always best to simply tell the truth – that way you don’t have problems going forward.

This is another reason why you really need a great lawyer on your side.  With an elite attorney you’ll be able to talk things over with me in advance and I can tell you what the results will be because of the experience I’ve had with the law.  Remember, I go to court all the time – you probably don’t.  This is why you want me on your side.  Experience and education count in the courtroom.  I’ve seen federal judges (and yes, bankruptcy judges are federal judges) totally rip into people who aren’t lawyers because they didn’t do something right.  The judge said “ignorance is no excuse – if you’re going to represent yourself, you’ve got to do it right or get a lawyer” !!!  Yup – no joke – so be sure if you decide to go it alone, you do it right – no one wants to get yelled at.

I digress.

Look, I hope you’ve found this information helpful.  Give me a call if you’d like to discuss your case 801-676-7308.  Our conversation may just be invaluable.

Until next time - come and see me -- got it?




James R. Balmforth, Esq.


Utah Bankruptcy Attorney
8833 S. Redwood Road, Suite C
West JordanUtah 84088 United States
Telephone: (801) 676-7308


Utah Divorce Lawyer
4.7 stars - based on 22 reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment