Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Transactional attorney v. Trial Lawyer? 801-676-7308 ~ Which do you need?

So yesterday I was asked about what type of a lawyer this client should get.  Should I get a trial lawyer or should I get a transnational one?

I made a video to explain it and put it on youtube.  Do you need a Utah Trial Attorney?

Watch the video and let me know your thoughts.




In my view, the answer is easy - you want a trial attorney if you are going to court about anything.  There are some transactional lawyers who have never gone to court and simply do not have the oral advocacy skills needed to represent someone effectively in court.

If you're never going to court, you may not have to worry about it.

I take the view that if you are going to have a contract done up, the lawyer better know how that contract will be viewed by a judge and what a judge will do with the provisions you put in your contract.  If not, it's just not going to work out good if there is a lawsuit regarding the contract.

One thing I do know for sure is that the legal field is filled with landmines and you need to be ready at a moments notice to go to court.

I hope you enjoyed the video and this blog post.  Please leave your comments and questions below.

Visit me when you have a minute.

 

James R. Balmforth, Esq.
Salt Lake City Criminal Defense Lawyer
801-676-7308


No comments:

Post a Comment