Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Should I Call You Everyday to Know about my Case? 801-676-7308 -- Utah Lawyer answers

So if you are reading this the first thing you've got to know is that you don't need to call me or any other lawyer working on your case everyday.  That would be annoying.

Watch this video to understand how you should interact with me:


In this video I outline how often we should be in touch if you have a lawsuit against you or a litigation case pending in state or federal court in Utah.  Usually, we don't need to talk every day.

Now, sometimes we do.  Next week I have trial scheduled and I have been in touch with our client every day for the last several days as I've been preparing for court. 

However, about 6 months ago, we only spoke about once every 30 days.  So, we don't necessarily need to speak much; however, if you have a question or concern -- if something is weighing on your mind, you should give me a call to discuss it.

You shouldn't be laying awake at night, wondering about your case.  We can touch bases and make sure you understand what is going on in your case.  In fact, our office utilizes an online case management system that allows me to post documents in your case and we can message each other in the case, so you can drop me a line, anytime (night or day) if something is on your mind.

Now, if I can't get to the phone to answer your question or concern, it is usually because I am in a meeting with another client, in court, or working on a brief and I can't be disturbed.  This doesn't mean I don't care about you or your case -- I DO -- however, work has to get done.

This is what you should do if you find yourself in that situation -- leave a VERY specific message with my assistant.  She will get that message to me.  If you tell her it's URGENT - I will get back with you.  If I can't for whatever reason, I will giver her the answer to your question and she'll call you back.  My staff can also schedule a telephone conference for us to discuss your case or an in-person meeting if you prefer -- that way you get on my schedule right away and your time is reserved.

Thanks for watching and reading my blog.

Hope to write soon ~



James R. Balmforth, JD
Cottonwood Heights Utah Lawyer
801-676-7308

No comments:

Post a Comment