Friday, May 6, 2016

Who drafts your legal pleadings? Attorney or Paralegal? 801-676-7308 Utah lawyer explains

So I got this question asked -- do you really draft your own paperwork or do you have a paralegal hidden away in your office that no one can see who drafts your documents for you?

Funny question.

Even funnier if you know me because I'm one of those annoying people who others call a "perfectionist" - yes, it's true.  For me, I hold myself to the highest standard possible.  I want my work product to be perfect.  I don't want to do a crudy job on my work. 

Think about it.

If you wanted to hire a lawyer, do you want to have the crapiest writer out there or one who can artfully draft a compelling brief?

Yeah,

That's right.

And that is exactly why I write my own pleadings.

However, that doesn't mean I don't use a paralegal on occasion to save my clients money and get work done quicker.

But, everything that get's filed with a court or goes out from my office -- I have reviewed it.

Watch this video to understand ->


you should watch it.

So now that you've seen it, you know the truth from the "horses' mouth" -- I draft my stuff and when I don't draft my stuff -- I review it carefully.

Hope that answers the funny question.

If you have a question, please drop me a line.

I'd love to do a video based off of your question.

Until next time, thanks for watching --

 

James R. Balmforth, JD
West Jordan Criminal Defense Lawyer
Phone: 801-676-7308

P.S. - thanks again for visiting my blog.  I hope you get as much out of it as I do.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment